I've been trying to install Socketbug on my Windows Server, and I think I'm close, but it doesn't seem to work.
- I installed node.js 0.6.11 from nodejs.org.
- I then followed the instructions to do an npm install of socket.io... The instructions weren't clear if socket.io was to be installed in the nodejs location or not. But my first go around, I installed in the C:\Program files(x86)\nodejs folder.
- I uncompressed the socketbug folder to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\socketbug.
- When I tried running node socketbug-server.js it failed complaining socket.io was not found.
- I then ran the same npm command to install socket.io into the socketbug folder.
- Re-ran the node command and socketbug looks like it's running.
The problem now, though is if I hit http://localhost/socketbug/client/example, I first get a "Stack overflow at line:0" in the browers, and the lower right of the screen is stuck at "Connecting to Socketbug"...
If I look at my command window, I see the following:
info - socket.io started
info - handshake authorized 4729970731545680162
info - transport end
So, I'm not sure what to do or look at now. Also, if I hit http://localhost:8080, the browser shows me "welcome to socket.io", so I guess that's running ok?
Customer support service by UserEcho